November 07, 2004
Happy 1st Year Anniversary to the baby of my baby...
Love & dating...23
I really do not think that by not mentioning your xbf and/or the things you used to do with him is indicative of having moved on. And, definitely, dropping your xbf's name in your conversations with your friends does not mean you still have feelings for him. I just see these two things as entirely separate.
I still litter my xbf's name in the conversations I have with my friends sometimes. I still use him as a point of reference in some discussions regarding matters of the heart with my friends. I do not believe that once you stop talking about someone, you have a better chance to eradicate him from your life.
It's really, not that simple. The fact is, I do not believe that you can eradicate anyone that once mattered so much and formed such a large part of your life. He is not just another passer-by in this long road of life. He and what he used to be had become a part of your biography. It's not fair to want to erase off a part of your history just because the person no longer is in your life.
It's strange and annoying when people tell me to move on and give myself a chance and give someone new a chance when they hear me talking about my xbf. Typically, it would be a concealed roll of the eyes and then, telling me that I deserve better and I need to move on. OR, I just haven't met the right one and I should give others a chance. It's really, really annoying. (haha, now u know, u people are annoying me!)
Sometimes, I think friends should get over your xbf first, rather than yourself.
Posted by 杏 cy (Jancy) at 21:13